The Concours d'Elégance.
Rare classics in baroque surroundings.
The stuff of legend, exclusive pieces and exceptional prototypes: all the cars on display during the Concours d'Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics have all made history in one way or another. As in previous years, an exclusive selection of spectacular classics awaits you in the breathtaking inner courtyard of the Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg. A high-calibre jury chaired by Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen, former chairman of Bentley Motors and president of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S., will judge the participating vehicles.
The 2015 Concours d’Elégance at the Schloss Bensberg Classics was also a FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens) A-rated event, the highest rating FIVA bestows.
The judging and special categories.
About 40 select automobile rarities will line up in 16 judging categories.
1. Touch of elegance – Impressive touring cars of the 1920s and 1930s
2. The style of speed – Sports cars of the 1920s and 1930s
3. Small, but sporty – Compact German sports cars (post-war)
4. Elegance meets extravagance – Closed coach-built bodies and one-off models (post-war)
5. We are family – Spacious post-war saloons
6. Sunset for two – Dream convertibles (post-war)
7. Driving out in style – Four-door luxury sports saloons (post-war)
8. Racing sixties – Motor sports cars of the 1960s
1. Pre-war open
2. Pre-war closed
3. Post-war open
4. Post-war closed
5. Best restored condition
6. Best unrestored condition
7. Best of show by jury
8. Best of show by public